Type : Station
Line : South Line
Distance from Hobart : 082.800km
Opened : As Jericho (1876), changed to Jericho Road 1888, changed to Stonor 1892
Closed : 1979 (passengers), 1980 (goods)
Status : Closed
Name meaning : After the location
Notes : Location had an Up side loop, stockyards, goods shed (on loop), station building, store room, men's WC, Ganger's cottage and a Porter's Cottage (SM cottage as built). Yard boundaries are still evident. Serviced the localities of Stonor, Jericho, Baden, Mt Seymour, Tunnack, Whitefoord, and Woodsdale and (initially) was a major stop on the line. Platform still in situ. Station building is on a nearby property, SM/Porter's house was relocated to Brighton. Goods siding disconnected in 1980.
Location (LISTmap)
Plan (1950) (Libraries Tas)
Plan 7812365 (6800) TGR - Main Line - plan of Stonor Station Yard [with notations] with tagged red square number 31 [ink drawing on paper] (1907) (Libraries Tas)
Stonor (July 2023) (Google)
No 31 Bell Bay to Boyer paper train at Stonor, 7/7/2007 (Phil Martin)