Type : Station
Line : North Coast Line
Distance from Sydney : 309.300km
Location : -32.004265, 151.967207
Opened : 5 February 1913
Closed : n/a
Status : In use
Name meaning : Named after a local estate that was in turn named after the area in England of the same name
Notes : The original Up side platform was 91.4 metres in length and was increased to 153 metres. The original timber structure containing an out-of room, general and ladies waiting rooms and ticket office has been replaced with a brick building. The station was once a major stopping place on the line and had a Railway Refreshment Room, this (and a residence) was in a two storey building on the platform and opened on 1/2/1917. The site had a 180kl water tank supplied from the town water, the water facilities were removed in early 1969. On **Wednesday, 13th December, 1944**, the following alterations were carried out:
>
> 1. The Transit Siding was extended **469 feet** at the Sydney end, to connect with the Loop, **187 feet on the Grafton side of the Up Starting signals**
> 2. The connections leading from the Transit Siding and Goods Siding to the Loop line (No. 2E) were removed
> 3. **Frame "E"** was refixed between the Loop and the Goods Siding, adjacent to the points leading from the Loop to the Transit Siding at the Sydney end *(W.N. 51–1944)*
A 596 metre centrally interlocked loop was opened 24/4/1945. The RRR closed 2/9/1956. The coal stage was removed in 1961 (Coal Stage deleted in 1934 — W.N. 2–1934). 1969 - Water facilities removed (WN 2/1969). 23/11/1980 - transit siding abolished, crossover removed (WN 47/1980). 7/12/1980 loco siding abolished (WN 49/1980). 9/8/1982 CTC introduced. 1985 — Loading Bank deleted — (W.N. 20–1985). By May 1987 all residences associated with the site had been demolished.
Location of Gloucester - the once extensive yards are clearly visible. (Six Maps)
The first train to arrive at Gloucester Station in 1913. (SLNSW)
50 years of rail to Gloucester celebration (SLNSW)
Gloucester in 1912 - prior to the opening of this section of the line - an inspection train arriving at the as yet incomplete station (SRA)
Gloucester in 1981 (Graeme Skeet)
Interior of Gloucester box including staff instruments, 1982 (Graeme Skeet)
Gloucester staff exchange on an up freight, 1982 (Graeme Skeet)
The modern brick station
Gloucester. January 1985 (Ross Blunden)
Gloucester goods shed Sun 4-8-91 (Dave Porter)
FP Pay Bus at Gloucester (undated, Bob Richardson)
Gloucester Station - October 2012. (Syd Ramsay)
5902 leading 5901 taking water at Gloucester on 22nd December 1968 (George Stevens)
5902 plus 5901 on an Up Goods crossing the Avon River bridge at Gloucester on 22nd December 1968, one of the many steam hauled goods on the Coast in late 1968. Typical North Coast bridge - steel trusses with wooden trestles leading to the main bridge spans. (George Stevens)
George Stevens, from the book Northern Exposure.
Looking South from the Northern end of Gloucester yard and showing the main line/loop points. 18-6-1999.
(Graeme Kirkby)
44201 N27 Gloucester 5-10-83 (Garry Holt)
A view from NT25, "Grafton XPT" on the approach to Gloucester milk works and siding located at km.308.800. I think the milk works and siding were closed in 1999? Note the "Armco" road overbridge in the distance and the rear of Gloucester's Up Starting signal, 14M on the right. 13-2-1995. (Graeme Kirkby)
Level crossings, Gloucester district, 1949 (State Archives)
44214, 4521 and 44237, freight train, Gloucester, NSW, 23 April 1993 (Anthony Astle)
Up Goods departing Gloucester, 1/3/1970
Down rail pay bus at Gloucester, 3/9/1969
518 Up goods watering at Gloucester, 22/12/1968 (John Ward)
Up Goods at Gloucester, 12/10/1953, (Colin Winney)
Gloucester station, 1927
Gloucester, prior to 1984 (R T Taaffe)
Undated aerial view of Gloucester, railway yards at rear (State Archives)
Construction at Gloucester (State Archives)
Gloucester station, October 1956 (State Archives)
Advertising on the edge of the railway yards at Gloucester, 1948 (State Archives)
Gloucester, 1953 (State Archives)
Vintage train to Gloucester, 9/2/1953 (50th anniversary) (State Archives)
Vintage train to Gloucester, 9/2/1953 (50th anniversary) (State Archives)
Gloucester Railway Station 1952
Source: State Library NSW (Max Dupain Collection)
North Coast Daylight Express operated by 900 class diesel rail cars.
Early morning Gloucester. Just post commissioning of CTC. 1st timetable XPT run ex Kempsey. (Bob McAlpine)
Busy time at Gloucester, as NR-119, BL-28 and NR-50 pass through the Loop with a Brisbane bound freight, while NT-36, the "Grafton XPT" waits at the platform. Leading power unit, XP-2014. 12-20pm, Saturday, 9-7-2005. (Graeme Kirkby)
Railway pay bus at the Buckets Way level crossing, Gloucester, 9/3/1969 (NW Munro)
6395 44225 4520
Circa late 80's
Photo late Ray Price
Gloucester local control panel.
Craven Gloucester Bulliac
Formerly Berrico Gloucester Yumbunga
Circa 2024
(Greg Riddel)
Close up view 6395
Circa late 80's
Photo late Ray Price
Gloucester - Dairy Farmers siding and factory, 31/10/2024 (Greg Riddel)
Gloucester - Dairy Farmers siding and factory, 31/10/2024 (Greg Riddel)
Commissioner McCusker checking Gloucester before end of 1960 when my father went to Walgett. My father ASM Rick Carter had the honour. (Alison Carter)
Paybus at Gloucester, 1960s (Alison Carter)
Pictures - Alison Carter
Notes (David G)
The location is Gloucester Station in1963 for the 50th Anniversary of the first train to Gloucester in 1913.
I am somewhere in the crowd as a 15 year old train fanatic.
One of the ladies on the front of the engine is Mrs Irene Hicks, President of the Gloucester Historical Society who lived next door to our home at 19 Queen Street.
5902+5901stand in Gloucester station getting a drink, after dragging this goods train from Taree starting earlier that day, 22 December 1968 (George Stevens)
A Type F signal box as constructed when the line was opened. On the North Coast, it was unusual for the gap between the station and the signal box not to have been filled. RT Taaffe
4475 45?? @ Gloucester 5/85 (Brett Watson)
PN's Infrabuild steel train 7SB3 with NR75, NR83, NR34 & NR8 is seen here passing by the old Gloucester Co-operative Dairy works & rail siding. On the rear was ten empty sugar wagons to be dropped of at Grafton for Sunshine Sugar.
07:50 25 Jan 2026 (Barry Trudgett)
# Gloucester (North Coast Line)
## Entries from NSW Government Railways Weekly Notices, 1913–1985
---
**Type:** Station (in use) / Crossing Loop (CTC)
**Line:** North Coast Line (Berrico–Gloucester / Gloucester–Yumbunga sections)
**Distance from Sydney:** 309.300 km (309.276 km per 1985 Weekly Notices)
**Location:** -32.004265, 151.967207
**Between:** Berrico and Yumbunga
**Opened:** 5 February 1913 (Dungog–Taree line opening)
**Status:** In use
**Name meaning:** Named after a local estate, itself named after the area in England
**Station Brand:** GT (allotted 1913)
**Platform (original):** 91.4-metre Up side; out-of-room, general and ladies waiting rooms, ticket office; original timber structure
**Platform (extended):** 153 metres (extended at some point after opening)
**Station building:** Original timber replaced by brick building
**Refreshment Room:** Opened **1 February 1917** — two-storey building on platform containing Railway Refreshment Room (ground floor) and residence (upper floor); **closed 2 September 1956**
**Crossing Loop:** 596-metre centrally interlocked loop, opened **24 April 1945** (W.N. 16 and 17–1945, published twice); Circular No. 112–12 of 1945 issued
**CTC:** Introduced **9 August 1982** — Gloucester CTC location No. 13 (per 1985 WN)
**Water tank:** 180 kl, supplied from town water; **removed early 1969** (W.N. 2–1969)
**Coal stage:** Removed **1961**
**Transit siding:** Abolished **23 November 1980** — Frame E removed; Grafton end of Goods Siding simplified (W.N. 47–1980)
**Loco siding:** Abolished **7 December 1980** — Frame D Nos. 5 and 6 levers removed (W.N. 49–1980)
**Frame D and 2C crossover:** Removed **14 December 1980**; new two-lever Frame E provided (W.N. 51–1980)
**Residences:** All demolished by May 1987
**Dairy Company Siding:** Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding — Frames J (Sydney end key release updated 29 January 1969 — W.N. 4–1969); signals at 308.618 km and 308.145 km
**Level crossing:** Bucketts Way — Down Second Home signal Sydney side; Type "F" signals automatically controlled
---
> **Notes:** Gloucester opened as the main town station on the Dungog–Taree line on 5 February 1913. Day and Night Officers in charge from opening. Signal Fitter stationed at Gloucester with District from West Maitland Marshalling Yard to Taree. Seal Press No. 451 missing (1917) — No. 631 allotted in replacement. Ordinary Train Staff and Ticket Working cancelled between Gloucester and Taree on 13–15 March 1917, replaced by Ordinary and Automatic Electric Train Staff Working (Gloucester–Mount George, Mount George–Wingham, and Wingham–Taree sections); automatic instruments on Gloucester–Mount George and Mount George–Wingham; ordinary on Wingham–Taree; staffs colour Red, Blue, Red respectively.
>
> The two-storey building opened 1 February 1917 contained the Railway Refreshment Room (RRR) and a residence. The water column (180 kl, town water supply) was at the Sydney end of the platform. On **13 December 1944** the Transit Siding was extended 469 feet at the Sydney end to connect with the Loop, and Frame E was relocated. On **24 April 1945** Frame C was dispensed with, power-worked points installed at the Grafton end of the Loop (from No. 8 lever in Signal-box), and a new Up Outer Home signal and Shunting Limit board provided 198 feet Grafton side of Up Home signal — effectively completing the centrally interlocked loop installation. The Yumbunga loop opened 27 March 1945, splitting the Gloucester–Bulliac section. Circular No. 112–12 of 1945 issued as the Gloucester base diagram — referenced through to 1980.
>
> For motor-operated points and CTC (9 August 1982): new Up Starting No. 14 and Down Home No. 3 on Sydney side of Gloucester Dairy Company Siding at 308.618 km and 308.145 km; new Down Starting No. 13 near Up Home No. 4 at 309.716 km; Bucketts Way level crossing — Down Second Home Sydney side, Type "F" signals automatically controlled with 15-second delay.
---
## 1913 — Opened; Station Brand GT; Signal Fitter District; Day and Night Officers
### Station Brand — GT — 1913
> **Gloucester — GT** — station distinguishing brand allotted. Day and Night Officers in charge at Gloucester. *(Source: 1913 Weekly Notices)*
### Signal Fitter Stationed at Gloucester — 1913
> **A Signal Fitter is stationed at Gloucester (Taree Extension) with District from West Maitland Marshalling Yard to Taree.** *(Source: 1913 Weekly Notices)*
### First Trains; Ticket Collector from Newcastle — 1913
> Station Master, Newcastle, to provide a Booking Clerk to travel by D45 Special to issue tickets to passengers joining at Platforms between West Maitland and Gloucester. 260-ton loads worked by "P" class engines on early specials; call at all intermediate stations and platforms between Newcastle and Gloucester. *(Source: 1913 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1917 — Electric Train Staff Working Installed; Refreshment Room Opened; Seal Press Issues
### ETS Working Installed — March 1917
> **Installation of Ordinary and Automatic Electric Train Staff Working between Gloucester and Taree (North Coast)** — Ordinary Train Staff Working will be cancelled, and Ordinary and Automatic Electric Train Staff Working installed on the following sections:
>
> - **Gloucester–Mount George**: Tuesday, 13th March, 1917 — **Automatic** Electric Staff Instruments; Staffs Nos. 1–4 Key, 5–20 Ordinary, colour **Red**
> - **Mount George–Wingham**: Wednesday, 14th March, 1917 — **Automatic** Electric Staff Instruments; colour **Blue**
> - **Wingham–Taree**: Thursday, 15th March, 1917 — **Ordinary** Electric Staff Instruments; colour **Red**
>
> **Officers on duty at Gloucester**: 12.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays. *(Source: 1917 Weekly Notices)*
### Seal Press No. 451 Missing; No. 631 Allotted — 1917
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Seal Press No. 451 missing and No. 631 Allotted** — Special search to be made for Seal Press No. 451, belonging to Gloucester; when located, to be returned and Goods Manager advised. Seal Press No. 631 allotted to replace. *(Source: 1917 Weekly Notices)*
### Refreshment Room Opened — 1 February 1917
> Railway Refreshment Room at Gloucester opened **1 February 1917** — two-storey building on platform; RRR on ground floor, residence on upper floor. *(Source: your notes)*
---
## 1930 — Telephone at Mileage 119.48; Lighting Instructions
### Telephone at 119.48 — W.N. 12–1930
> **Since 12th March, 1930**, a telephone, connected to No. 51-A North Telephone Circuit, has been provided fixed on a post at Mileage **119.48**, between Gloucester and Bulliac, the call being (- - .) two long and one short rings. *(W.N. 12–1930)*
### Lighting Instructions — 1930
> Down trains to be lighted at **Dungog**, and lights extinguished at **Stroud Road**. Up trains lighted at **Stroud Road** and lights extinguished at **Dungog**. *(Source: 1930 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1934 — Coal Stage Deleted from Gloucester; Berrico–Gloucester Section Created
### Coal Stage Deleted — W.N. 2–1934
> **Pages 50 and 6 — Stations, Platforms and Sidings — Accommodation Provided — Gloucester and Coff's Harbour** — Delete under heading "Coal Stage." *(W.N. 2–1934)*
### Berrico–Gloucester Section Created — W.N. 7–1934
> From 15th February, 1934 — No. 1 lever in Frames "A" and "B" [at Stratford] will be unlocked by the Miniature Electric Train Staff for the section **"Berrico–Gloucester."** *(W.N. 7–1934)*
### Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding — Altered Releasing — W.N. 7–1934
> **Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding (North Coast) — Altered Releasing of Ground Frames** — On and from Thursday, 15th February, 1934. No. 1 lever in Frames "A" and "B" will be unlocked by the Miniature Electric Train Staff for the section **"Berrico–Gloucester."** *(W.N. 7–1934)*
---
## 1944 — Transit Siding Extended; Frame E Relocated — 13 December 1944
### Transit Siding Extended; Frame E Relocated — W.N. 51–1944
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Alterations to Connections and Location of Ground Frames** — On **Wednesday, 13th December, 1944**, the following alterations were carried out:
>
> 1. The Transit Siding was extended **469 feet** at the Sydney end, to connect with the Loop, **187 feet on the Grafton side of the Up Starting signals**
> 2. The connections leading from the Transit Siding and Goods Siding to the Loop line (No. 2E) were removed
> 3. **Frame "E"** was refixed between the Loop and the Goods Siding, adjacent to the points leading from the Loop to the Transit Siding at the Sydney end *(W.N. 51–1944)*
---
## 1945 — Power-Worked Points at Grafton End of Loop — 24 April 1945; Circular No. 112–12; Shunting Limit Board
### Power-Worked Points and Up Outer Home Signal — W.N. 16 and 17–1945 (published twice)
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Bringing Into Use Power-worked Points and Provision of Up Outer Home Signal** — On **Tuesday, 24th April, 1945**, between 8.0 a.m. and 5.0 p.m.:
>
> **Frame C** will be dispensed with, and the points, Main–Loop, at the **Grafton end** of the Loop, will be **power-worked from No. 8 lever** in the Signal-box.
>
> A new **Up Outer Home signal** and **Distant Under** will be brought into use.
>
> A **"Shunting Limit" board** will be provided **198 feet on the Grafton side of the Up Home signal**.
>
> The complete arrangements will be in accordance with **Circular [No. 112–12] and diagram** to be issued prior to the work being brought into use. *(W.N. 16 and 17–1945)*
### Gloucester's Water Column — 1945
> **Gloucester** — Main line — **Tank with 8-inch jib** — **South Brisbane end of platform** [Grafton end]. *(Source: 1945 Weekly Notices — watering facilities table)*
---
## 1946 — Staff Exchanger Positions
### Staff Exchanger Positions — 1946
> **Down Line — Gloucester**: **Opposite Signal-box**.
> **Up Line — Gloucester**: **18.3 feet from Grafton end of Platform**. *(Source: 1946 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1956 — Refreshment Room Closed 2 September 1956; Berrico–Gloucester Staff Instruments
### RRR Closed — 2 September 1956
> Railway Refreshment Room at Gloucester closed **2 September 1956**. *(Source: your notes)*
### Staff Instrument on Yumbunga Side — 1956
> Dungog–Gloucester Staff Instrument on Mindaribba side; **Gloucester Staff Instrument on Yumbunga side only** — to Taree [District Superintendent's maintenance allocation]. *(Source: 1956 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1960 — Seal Press No. 629 Replaced by No. 811
### Seal Press Replaced — 1960
> **Gloucester Way Co.** — Delete Seal Press No. **629** and insert Seal Press No. **811**. *(Source: 1960 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1961 — Coal Stage Removed
### Coal Stage Removed — 1961
> Coal stage at Gloucester removed, 1961. *(Source: your notes)*
---
## 1969 — Water Facilities Removed — Early 1969; Dairy Company Siding Key Release Updated
### Water Facilities Removed — W.N. 2–1969
> **Page 180 — Facilities Provided for Engines to Take Water** — Delete: **Gloucester — one 9-inch column — Sydney end of platform**. *(W.N. 2–1969)*
### Watering of Engines Instruction Deleted — W.N. 2–1969
> Delete the paragraph headed: **"Watering of Engines of Up Passenger Trains"** [at Gloucester]. *(W.N. 2–1969)*
### Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding — Key Release Updated — W.N. 4–1969
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Alteration to Releasing of Points, Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding (Sydney End)** — On **Wednesday, 29th January, 1969**, the staff drawer lock which directly releases No. 1 lever in Frame J (facing point lock for No. 2J points at the Sydney end of the Gloucester Dairy Company's siding) will be replaced by a **Drawer Lock Key Release (J)**.
>
> No. 1 lever in Frame J will be fitted with an **Annett Lock**, unlocked by key from Drawer Lock Key Release J.
>
> **Drawer Lock Key Release J** will be released by Miniature Electric Train Staff for the section **Berrico–Gloucester**.
>
> **Circular No. 112–12, Gloucester, of 1945**, and diagram attached, to be amended accordingly. *(W.N. 4–1969)*
---
## 1980 — Transit Siding Abolished — 23 November 1980; Loco Siding Abolished — 7 December 1980; Frame D and Crossover Removed — 14 December 1980
### Transit Siding Abolished — W.N. 47–1980
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Removal of Transit Siding and Connections** — On **Sunday, 23rd November, 1980**, between 7.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m., the Transit Siding will be removed together with **Frame E and associated equipment**.
>
> The crossover, Transit Siding to Goods Siding, opposite the platform will be removed.
>
> Portion of the Grafton end of the Goods Siding, from the dead end to the crossover near Frame B catchpoints (including the crossover) will be removed, and the Goods Siding will then connect direct to Frame B catchpoints in lieu of the Transit Siding.
>
> **Circular No. 112–12, Gloucester of 1945** and diagram attached, to be amended accordingly. *(W.N. 47–1980)*
### Loco Siding Abolished — W.N. 49–1980
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Removal of Loco Siding** — On **Sunday, 7th December, 1980**, between 7.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m., the points and F.P.L. in the Main line leading to the Loco Siding operated by Nos. **5 and 6 levers in Frame D**, will be removed and the Loco Siding abolished.
>
> Levers No. 5 and 6 in Frame D will become spare.
>
> **Circular No. 112–12, Gloucester of 1945** and diagram attached, to be amended accordingly. *(W.N. 49–1980)*
### Frame D and 2C Crossover Removed; New Frame E Provided — W.N. 51–1980
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Removal of Frame D and 2C Crossover and Provision of Frame E** — On **Sunday, 14th December, 1980**, between 7.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m., the 2C crossover together with Frame D will be removed, and the crossover, Loop to Goods Siding (previously worked from No. 4 lever in Frame D), will in future be operated by a new **two-lever ground frame, Frame E**, located on the Down side of the Loop line adjacent to the points.
>
> No. 10 lever in the signal-box will become spare; Duplex Lock on No. 9 lever will be replaced by a single Annett Lock. *(W.N. 51–1980)*
---
## 1982 — Motor-Operated Points and Colour Light Signals — 9 August 1982; CTC Introduced; Bucketts Way Level Crossing
### Motor-Operated Points and Colour Light Signals — W.N. — 1982
> **Gloucester (North Coast) — Conversion to Power Operation of Points and Signals** — On **Monday, 9th August, 1982** (and continuing on Tuesday 10th August 1982), between 7.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. each day, the Main line to loop points at each end of Gloucester crossing loop will be converted to motor operation and the mechanical Main line and loop signals replaced by **colour light signals**.
>
> **New signals:**
> - **Up Starting No. 14** and **Down Home No. 3** — provided on the Sydney side of the Gloucester Dairy Company Siding at **308.618 km** and **308.145 km** respectively
> - **Down Starting No. 13** — provided near Up Home No. 4 at **309.716 km**
>
> **Route control relay interlocking control panel** in signal-box; mechanical interlocking machine placed out of use; local ground frames renamed; electrical releasing switches provided.
>
> **Acceptance for Down train from Berrico** — when section clear to Up Starting signal No. 14.
>
> **Acceptance for Up train from Yumbunga** — when section clear to Down Starting signal No. 13.
>
> **Bucketts Way level crossing** — Down Second Home signal on Sydney side; Type "F" flashing light highway signals and warning bell automatically controlled; 15-second clearance delay when train approaches Up Second Home signal.
>
> Electric Train Staff working remains in use on sections **Berrico–Gloucester** and **Gloucester–Yumbunga**; automatic staff exchanging equipment at Gloucester remains available. *(W.N. — 1982)*
### CTC Location No. 13 — 1985
> **GLOUCESTER "13"** — listed in CTC location table. *(Source: 1985 Weekly Notices)*
---
## 1985 — Loading Bank Deleted — W.N. 20–1985
### Loading Bank Deleted — W.N. 20–1985
> **Page 73 — Stations, Platforms and Sidings — Accommodation Provided — 309.276 Gloucester:**
>
> Under heading "Loading Bank" — **Delete**. *(W.N. 20–1985)*
---
## Summary of Key Events
| Date | Event |
|------|-------|
| **5 February 1913** | **Opened** — 91.4-metre Up side platform; timber building (out-of-room, general and ladies waiting rooms, ticket office); station brand GT; Day and Night Officers; Signal Fitter stationed with District West Maitland to Taree |
| **1 February 1917** | **Railway Refreshment Room opened** — two-storey platform building; RRR on ground floor, residence on upper floor |
| March 1917 | ETS Working installed on Gloucester–Taree — Automatic ETS on Gloucester–Mt George and Mt George–Wingham; Ordinary ETS on Wingham–Taree; colour Red/Blue/Red |
| 1917 | Seal Press No. 451 missing; No. 631 allotted |
| W.N. 2–1934 | Coal Stage deleted from accommodation tables |
| 15 February 1934 | Berrico–Gloucester and Gloucester–Yumbunga sections created (from 1945) |
| **13 December 1944** | Transit Siding extended 469 feet; Frame E relocated between Loop and Goods Siding (W.N. 51–1944) |
| **24 April 1945** | **Power-worked points (Grafton end of Loop)** from No. 8 signal-box lever; Frame C dispensed with; Up Outer Home and Distant Under provided; Shunting Limit board 198 feet Grafton side of Up Home; **Circular No. 112–12 of 1945** issued (W.N. 16 and 17–1945) |
| 1946 | Staff exchanger: Down — Opposite Signal-box; Up — 18.3 feet from Grafton end of Platform |
| **2 September 1956** | **Railway Refreshment Room closed** |
| 1961 | Coal stage removed |
| W.N. 2–1969 | **Water facilities removed** — one 9-inch column (Sydney end of platform) deleted; watering instruction deleted |
| W.N. 4–1969 | Gloucester Dairy Company's Siding Sydney end — staff drawer lock replaced by Drawer Lock Key Release J; Annett Lock; Berrico–Gloucester staff; Circular No. 112–12 amended |
| **23 November 1980** | **Transit Siding abolished** — Frame E and connections removed; Goods Siding connected direct to Frame B catchpoints; Circular No. 112–12 amended (W.N. 47–1980) |
| **7 December 1980** | **Loco Siding abolished** — Nos. 5 and 6 levers in Frame D removed; Frame D levers spare; Circular No. 112–12 amended (W.N. 49–1980) |
| **14 December 1980** | Frame D and 2C crossover removed; new two-lever Frame E on Down side of Loop (W.N. 51–1980) |
| **9–10 August 1982** | **Motor-operated points and colour light signals** — new Up Starting No. 14 (308.618 km), Down Home No. 3 (308.145 km), Down Starting No. 13 (309.716 km); Bucketts Way level crossing — Type "F" signals, 15-second delay; ETS Berrico–Gloucester and Gloucester–Yumbunga retained; automatic staff exchangers remain |
| 1985 | CTC location No. **13**; Loading Bank deleted |
| By May 1987 | **All residences demolished** |
---
*Extracted from NSW Government Railways Weekly Notices, 1913–1985.*
*Note: Circular No. 112–12 of 1945 (Gloucester base diagram) was referenced from 1945 to 1980 — 35 years. Three significant siding abolitions occurred in rapid succession in late 1980 — Transit Siding (23 November), Loco Siding (7 December) and Frame D/crossover (14 December) — all within 21 days, reflecting a coordinated rationalisation of Gloucester yard in preparation for CTC in 1982.*